Sunday, August 14, 2011

Composure in a Rowdy Crowd

There are days when I feel like the most important thing I can do is remain in composure when everywhere around me is full of uncertainty. In my composure I remain quite amidst laughter and tears. It's a time for reflection. It's a time that almost brings peace and serenity.

This time happend to me last night. I didn't want to drive around; I didn't want to hang around friends; I just wanted to stay up and think. What is so ironic about all of this is that it's also a time where I don't want to be left alone.

It's a time of reflection--or resolution. I want to be better, come closer to God, and start over. However, I feel something start inside of me that I can't ignore. I have to keep thinking until the confusion in my silence goes away. So I stay up until the break of dawn with the hope that my conclusions are what is necessary to continue on with dust bunnies out of the closet.

It's not a pity party; rather, a personal renaissance. So here, I go, world--you rowdy crowd, you. Please, stop the noise and confusion; rest in composure. Silence is often serenity.

Simplicity, Simplicity, Simplicity. It's all about progression, not perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment