Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mis Suenos and Becoming a Boarderline Creeper

I have had a recent vision. What is this secret obsession you ask? Well, I keep picturing myself as someone who has collections of "things." For example, I want to start a coin collection, a pebble collection, I already have a shell collection and a mug collection...I may or may not have the desire to start a gnome collection. I never thought I would venture into the world of hoarding but here I come!! When people ask me what my plans are, what my dreams are, I explain to them that the idea of becoming an old maid with a handful of pets to keep me company as well as a library card excites me more than ever. My life would merely consist of simplicity. Does that not sound inviting? However, To those of you who are taking me serious at this moment, a word of caution: I am definitely kidding...I think.

As for children, however, I am writing this blog solely for the purpose of expressing my recent excitement in Elementary Education. I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I was teaching 1st graders and boy, not to gloat (but gloaty gloat gloat) I had 'em rollin'. They fed on every word I said. I was that teacher that every child loved; the teacher that you wanted to hug after class or stay in from recess just to talk to more. I was trying to take a nap earlier today but I kept closing my eyes thinking about the possibilities! And the craziest part about the whole thing is the stereotype behind "El. Ed." Majors that I whole-heartedly believed in proclaiming to the world until about a month ago.

Summary? I want to collect things: coins, shells, pebbles, gnomes, children. :O)

Disclaimer: I don't want to collect children but freak, I just can't wait to teach them.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you capture your own essence in your writing. It's so awesome. Oh, and when we grow up, will you please teach my kids for first grade? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Done and done. I will have no problem teaching them :) Also, I love you.

    ReplyDelete