Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Forks, conformity and bananas

Sometimes I feel like we are in a society solely comprised of sheep. I am not here to tell you that you aren't different or individualistic--that is not my intent in the least. However, I have seen many things on this campus that make me chuckle to myself. For example, I have been in many situations where people don't know what a line is for but they stand in it because they assume that the person in front of them has a brain when, in reality, we are all idiots waiting for something to happen. (Don't get me wrong, I am 100% guilty of this)

Something else I've seen on campus is the subconscious decision of walking on the right side of the sidewalk. When someone walks on the left side, going in the opposite direction, it throws everyone off and some people even decide that they have every right to be angry at that person. If anything, I like to think of having a "cute-meet" with someone because you dance with them for a second or two, bashfully smile, and continue on your day.

I can't help but laugh my head off when I start a new class and every one sits in the same spot for the whole semester. It's fun to throw people off and sit in a different spot every day. It's as if people feel they have lost their place in society. Hahaha.

Have you ever just sat back and thought, why does society do that? Well, here are a few things I question: utensils, pants, hair, shaving (why even care about having gender appropriate legs?), sidewalk chalk, bicycles, feathers in your hear (girls...you know who you are), tanning, doors, napkins, chairs, homework...Our lives are on autopilot! Thinking about these things pretty much blows my mind.

At any rate,

I'm gonna start eating bananas with forks and I am also not going to shave. Run and tell that.

No comments:

Post a Comment