Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dryer's Heartbeat

There are a lot of tedious things in this world--things that, if listed, would turn this blog into tedium at it's best. What's at the top of this list for me? Laundry--any shape, any form: folding, ironing, washing, timing, sound, the list continues.

So, I performed this mundane task: quarters in, water on, soap in, clothes in--all necessary steps for freshly scented and warm attire. Today, however, it was different.

On a normal day, I'd go back up to my room, do some sort of meaningless activity and carry on with my day while my laundry kept working on getting clean. Instead, I sat listening to the heartbeat of the dryer. It was annoying at first but then became melodic. I sat down on the chair and began to read about a close friend of mine.

In the world where I read, many suffered; many sinned; most wept. All seemed lost. There was seemingly no direction. No one knew where to turn. Amidst all of this my close friend spoke. His words were soft, tender, and so thick with tension you could see what He spoke. He spoke of His grief. He spoke of his anguish. He wanted them to change--but they didn't understand.

Then, it happened. They opened their ears to hear Him. He appeared to them in white robes; so white they pierced the eyes to the very heart. They acted, He answered. And for a moment, I felt how they felt. I felt love and gratitude for all of the heartache I've endured. I could taste the tears they shed and I could hear the words He spoke: "Arise and come forth, unto me that ye may thrust your hands into my side."

I found myself rubbing my hands together. What a divine moment it must have been? What glory and pain, regret and gratitude, love and hate! I envisioned myself feeling the prints in His hands; bathing His feet in my tears.

And suddenly, I didn't notice the relentless beating of the dryer. I felt the beating of my heart. So it's true. The Savior does live. So I'm not alone in this journey. Tonight, I become reconverted. I truly feel of His love and sacrifice for only me.

Conclusion? Laundry is tedious, annoying, and downright stupid but there are more important things in this life to be unduly concerned with: the Love and Life of Jesus Christ.

Love from Him
Love for Him
Love like Him

No comments:

Post a Comment