Monday, March 5, 2012

Through A Little Girl's Eyes


In my eyes, I see things with in a natural state. I see the changes in season. I see mommies loving daddies. I see cows laying down on the grass, when they normally don't. I see smiles as well as frowns. I see doors open that need to be shut. I feel the wind on my face; grass grow, flowers die; magic and how high I can pump my swing. But that's it. I can look into this window of life and instead of fearing failure, I know dreams will soon turn to Hope's sweet companion.

The only thing I care about is being loved by others. However, I have staples: my best friend--a blanket, stars, and music. All three, of which, are my closest possessions in this life; constant, steady, and reliable. These unchanging things bring comfort when I feel loneliness creep into my mind. No, not everyone has these. And that is why I find them so special and even dear to my heart.

Still, I don't care about surroundings or even physical commodities. When I open my eyes to the new day, my responsibilities are few and far between. I awaken. I eat. I sleep. I play. However, just because my life lacks sophistication doesn't mean I can't feel. Because I can. I worry about tales of grace that seem so unreachable. I stress over the importance of loving everyone. Fear steps into my life more than I would like. The lack of believing in dreams turns and sometimes a simple fear becomes a crushing reality. I bank on societal approval and learn from my mistakes.

Then I wake up and I'm an adult...which, ironically, is what I've been all along.

1 comment: